Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Last day of school

You know it's funny, I've been out of school for many, MANY years and yet since I've gotten into teaching I can still feel that excitement mixed with regret that happens that final day of school. This is a special last day for me because I am changing districts and opening a whole new library in a school that is being built as I write. It's a large task, made larger by all of the small things that have to be done this summer to get the new library up and running. It's tough to leave here but change can be a good thing. It can re-motivate you and reset your goals. I've spent four years at my current school and I have to say that it's been some of the best time in my life. One can get complacent however and when that happens it's really time to move on and start again. So here's to a happy ending and a new beautiful beginning.

No comments: